"We must recognize in the children born today a preview of what must be developed in the coming generations; we must learn to educate prophetically. The fact is that we MUST educate prophetically, we are to foresee what are to be the tasks of the next generation."
~Rudolf Steiner, from
The Riddle of our Age
Admissions Process & Instructions
1. Download and complete an application form (links directly below) and return it with a $50.00 application fee for each student to Whidbey Island Waldorf School (WIWS), attention "Enrollment Director."Pls note: we have a rolling Admissions process, so you may send an application form in at any time of year and it will be received.2. For students entering 2nd grade or higher, please print, complete and sign the Request for Records form (available below) and send it to your child's current school as soon as possible. (Applications are not considered complete until these records are received. This includes any Individual Education Plan (IEP), special needs assessments, or psychological evaluations previously performed.)
3. Upon receipt and review of your application, you will be contacted by the teachers of your prospective class to schedule an enrollment interview, a possible classroom visit date (Grades 1 - 8) or forest walk (Kindergarten) for your child. You will also meet with our Administrator Michael Soule as you explore the school/family relationship and expectations.
4. Upon conclusion of the interview process, the Enrollment Director will issue an official letter stating the outcome of the interview, be that acceptance, acceptance with qualifications, or decline.
5. Once a student is accepted for admission, a financial contract is issued to the enrolling parents. Enrollment is considered final upon completion of the TADS contract with WIWS and payment of supplies fee to WIWS.
6. There is a six-week probationary period for all students at onset of school attendance. During this period, either the school or the family can terminate the contract and the financial obligation of the family is prorated according to the number of days attended. After six weeks, the parents become responsible for the full contractual amount according to the agreed upon payment schedule.
Application & Tuition Forms
Family Affordability Plan Available to all applying families, our
100-80% Family Affordability Plan charges full tuition for the first
child enrolled within a family, and charges 80% tuition for the second child or subsequent child within a single family.
Instructions for TA Application
To follow steps for the WIWS Tuition Assistance application below, please see HERE.Tuition Assistance FAQ
For frequently asked questions around Tuition Assistance, please see HERE.
Whidbey Island Waldorf School offers a parent-funded Tuition Assistance program. Please use the following two links (Worksheet for your preparation and Application to submit) to submit your completed application for Tuition Assistance. Applications for re-enrolling families applying for financial assistance for 2016-17 are due by April 1, 2016. New families and families that experience a significant change of events
during the school year can apply for this assistance at any time. Please see Notes below for more information.
Request for Records Form
1-Your application & fee are good for one calendar year upon receipt of that application. If your child is accepted but you must delay enrollment, you have one calendar year for school entry before having to begin the admissions process again.
2-If you are a WIWS family that formally withdraws, you must begin a new admissions process, including application and fee, if your child has not attended WIWS for one calendar year. If you choose to pursue re-admittance before a calendar year has expired, you must submit a Re-admission Application Form to begin the process of re-entry assessment. Please contact our Administrative office for more information.
For more information about applications to WIWS, please contact Enrollment Director Karina Bergen at 360-341-5686 or email email@example.com
TUITION & RE-ENROLLMENT
The 2016-17 Tuition document above includes tuition & fee information and your
re-enrollment intent form. Please submit your re-enrollment intent (T-1
form) by April 15, 2016. This date DOES NOT apply to newly enrolling families. Please go ahead and fill in your application form, we have a rolling application process.
From the information on this T-1 form
we will return an enrollment agreement (T-3 form) to you. If the T-3
form and the Class Supply fees are submitted prior to May 15, 2016, the
$150.00 re-enrollment fee will be waived.
All new students or
returning students that have not attended our school for more than one
year must go through our admissions process.
If you are wishing to
add a sibling of a re-enrolling student, you must begin the admissions
process ASAP for the new student. Application forms are available here on our Admissions page.
FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION/T.A.
Please use the two TADS links (above and below). The worksheet for your preparation and Application to submit. To submit
your completed application for Tuition Assistance. We are using the TADS
service to help our TA Committee determine awards. Questions with their
application should be handled directly with their competent support
staff, available seven days a week.
Applications for re-enrolling
families applying for Tuition Assistance for 2016-17 are due by April
1, 2016. There is NO deadline for newly enrolling families, please go ahead and fill in the worksheet/application form when enrolling.
Incomplete applications are not reviewed for awards. Please
contact TADS if you need an exception for documentation support items.
families and families that experience a significant change of events
during the school year can apply for this assistance any time. Awards
are not guaranteed until they are accepted as part of your enrollment
Tuition assistance is need based and fully funded by
our families. The limited funds are not intended to support lifestyle
choices, but to support those in the community during times of need and
to make the Waldorf education available to a broader community.
Please refer your TA questions to our Finance Manager.
Phone: 360-341-5686, email: firstname.lastname@example.org