Admissions Process & Instructions
1. Download and complete an application form (links below) and return it with a $50.00 application fee for each student to WIWS, attention "Enrollment Director."
2. For students entering 2nd grade or higher, print, complete and sign the Request for Records form (available below) and send it to your child's current school as soon as possible. (Applications are not considered complete until these records are received. This includes any Individual Education Plan (IEP), special needs assessments, or psychological evaluations previously performed.)
3. Upon receipt and review of your application, you will be contacted by the teachers of your prospective class to schedule an enrollment interview possible classroom visit date(Grades 1 - 8) or forest walk (Kindergarten) for your child. You will also meet with our Administrator as you explore the school/family relationship and expectations.
4. Upon conclusion of the interview process, the interviewing faculty informs the Enrollment Director of the enrollment decision. The Enrollment Director will then issue an official letter stating the outcome of the interview, be that acceptance, acceptance with qualifications, or decline.
5. Once a student is accepted for admission, a financial contract is issued to the enrolling parents. Enrollment is considered final upon the return of the signed contract and payment of supplies fee to WIWS.
6. There is a six-week probationary period for all students at onset of school attendance. During this period, either the school or the family can terminate the contract and the financial obligation of the family is prorated according to the number of days attended. After six weeks, the parents become responsible for the full contractual amount according to the agreed upon payment schedule.
1-Your application/fee is good for one calendar year upon receipt of that application. If your child is accepted but you must delay enrollment, you have one calendar year for school entry before having to begin the admissions process over again.
2-If you are a WIWS family that formally withdraws, you must begin a new admissions process, including application and fee, if your child has not attended WIWS for one calendar year. If you choose to pursue re-admittance before a calendar year has expired, you must submit Re-admission Application Form to begin the process of re-entry asssessment. Please contact our Administrative office for more information.
For more information about applying to the WIWS, contact Enrollment Director Sheila Weidendorf at 360-341-5686 or email@example.com
Application, Tuition and Fees, Other Forms