Employment at Whidbey Island Waldorf School
Whidbey Island Waldorf School Seeks a Business Manager
The Whidbey Island Waldorf School seeks a half-time Business Manager with strong bookkeeping skills and financial management experience. The ideal candidate will have prior business and financial management experience, preferably in a non-profit organization or school, have a basic familiarity with Waldorf education, and be excited to partner with a mature and dedicated faculty and an enthusiastic Administrative team who, together and through mutual respect, help guide our school. The position will start ASAP.
· Administer the day-to-day business and financial operations of the school, including bookkeeping functions, financial reporting and analysis, and committee work.
· Work as a part of the administrative team
· Be able to interact well with parents and volunteers in the school community
· Uphold professional practices in financial management.
· Be supportive of the school’s vision for the future.
· Be a representative of Whidbey Island Waldorf School and its values to the broader community, through professional work.
Qualifications and Qualities that will suit our school
· CPA certification preferred
· Business and financial management experience preferably in a school or non-profit organization.
· Business and financial management skills required: familiarity with General Accounting Practices.
· Experience with Quickbooks Pro, Word, Excel, Access, Windows, Outlook WashUIFastax
· Team player who is able to participate with the school’s administrative staff with strategic prioritization and delegation.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Lead by example and in a responsive and non-reactive manner.
· Friendly and approachable with the entire school community, and enthusiastic to be an important part of our school.
We offer a competitive salary for a rural school, 50% tuition remission for your children, partial Medical benefits and personal days.
How to Apply:
Candidates are requested to submit the items below Michael Soule at firstname.lastname@example.org www.wiws.org
1. A letter of interest articulating why the candidate believes he or she is suited for the position.
2. A resume with reference contacts.
To inquire about positions and our school, please send letter of interest, a resume, and a list of references. For more information, please contact Michael Soule, WIWS Administrator, at email@example.com.