Employment at Whidbey Island Waldorf School
Whidbey Island Waldorf School Seeks a Business Manager
The Whidbey Island Waldorf School seeks a half-time Business Manager with strong bookkeeping skills and financial management experience. The ideal candidate will have prior business and financial management experience, preferably in a non-profit organization or school, have a basic familiarity with Waldorf education, and be excited to partner with a mature and dedicated faculty and an enthusiastic Administrative team who, together and through mutual respect, help guide our school. The position will start ASAP.
Our School and Its Unique Island Location
Our school’s rich Waldorf tradition, high caliber teachers, engaged parent body and beautiful island location all combine to make us a “destination” school. Founded in 1985, the Whidbey Island Waldorf School (currently 140 students: nursery through 8th grade) is located on Whidbey Island in the Puget Sound and within the rain shadow of the Olympic Mountains. Our school’s buildings are set amidst 100 acres of ecological trust forestlands where our classes often walk and study. Our island location offers a peaceful, family-oriented atmosphere with beaches, trails and easy access to several national forests. South Whidbey has a rich and diverse arts community, and is only one hour from the bustling cultural life and opportunities of downtown Seattle.
· Administer the day-to-day business and financial operations of the school, including bookkeeping functions, financial reporting and analysis, and committee work.
· Work as a part of the administrative team
· Be able to interact well with parents and volunteers in the school community
· Uphold professional practices in financial management.
· Be supportive of the school’s vision for the future.
· Be a representative of Whidbey Island Waldorf School and its values to the broader community, through professional work.
Qualifications and Qualities that will suit our school
· CPA certification preferred
· Business and financial management experience preferably in a school or non-profit organization.
· Business and financial management skills required: familiarity with General Accounting Practices.
· Experience with Quickbooks Pro, Word, Excel, Access, Windows, Outlook WashUIFastax
· Team player who is able to participate with the school’s administrative staff with strategic prioritization and delegation.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Lead by example and in a responsive and non-reactive manner.
· Friendly and approachable with the entire school community, and enthusiastic to be an important part of our school.
We offer a competitive salary for a rural school, 50% tuition remission for your children, partial Medical benefits and personal days.
How to Apply:
Candidates are requested to submit the items below Michael Soule at firstname.lastname@example.org www.wiws.org
To inquire about positions and our school, please send letter of interest, a resume, and a list of references. For more information, please contact Michael Soule, WIWS Administrator, at email@example.com.